Resgen was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in October 2006 and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in July 2010.
Since 2008, Resgen has focused on the development of the Boikarabelo Coal Mine. Key achievements to date include:
- Attaining ownership of surface rights through the acquisition of 11 farms
- Securing the Mining Right
- Adopting a progressive social and labour plan, enshrining gender equality
- Securing domestic and export off-take contracts
- Securing developmental consent
- Securing water supply
- Securing power supply
- Negotiating logistics arrangements for domestic and export coal
- Achieving strong support from government departments and state-owned enterprises, including an equity investment from the Public Investment Corporation (PIC).